I’ve always loved (and agreed with) the saying ‘people who say money can’t buy you happiness obviously don’t know where to shop’.
I am also constantly told by my mum that ‘nothing in life is for free’
As she shouted this in my face while I was trying to convince her that I could get an unused arctic monkeys cd on ebay for 50p, it got me thinking , what does life really give you for free?
1. Life. 99% of the time baby’s are born for free
2. Family. Apparently the most important thing in the world. My opinion on this changes hourly.
3. Friends. Usually these are free unless you are massively rich and attract gold diggers.
4. Love. Same as above.
5. Mini toothpastes on the front desk at the orthodontist.
6. Unwanted Arabian songs when you update itunes.
7. An imagination. People tend to loose this when they are about 12 but try to hang on to it. Its the most valuable thing you are born with.
8. A sense of humor. It may not seem like it but everyone has one and, unfortunately, its not something you can buy.
9. Laughter. It really is the best and cheapest medicine there is.
10. The ability to make someone else smile. It doesn’t take much to make someone smile and it will make you feel a million times better if you do.
So there you have it. 10 things life gives you for free and an argument for when your mum tells you ‘nothing in life is for free’