I am not a beauty blogger, nor have I ever done a beauty post, nor did I ever think I would. However, I have fallen in love. With a curl enhancing hair mousse. And I really need to rave about it. I picked up this product in Superdrug during a cheeky little shopping trip on Saturday and it is the best purchase I have ever made. I am always on the hunt for new hair products to satisfy my needy locks but I think that quest can finally stop now.
If you have curly/frizzy/wavy hair then this product is the ultimate lifesaver. I have always had trouble with my hair as I want to enhance the curls, stop fizziness and keep it smooth and healthy which, as I’m sure many of you know, is an impossible task… until now. I have tried dozens of hair products in the past to try and tame my locks from shampoos to serums and foams to oils, but have never found anything that quite satisfied my needs. They always either flattened my hair, dried it out, or left the ends broken and crispy.
I spotted this product in Superdrug and I’d never seen or heard of it before so decided to pick it up and give it a go, and boy am I glad I did! This new favourite product of mine is Tresemme curl defining mouse.
I’ve used it everyday since I bought it at the weekend and I am certainly not disappointed. Unlike any other ‘curl defining’ products I’ve used before, it left my hair feeling really soft and healthy instead of dry and sad. It also feels really weightless and left my hair super curly but got rid of nearly every trace of frizz. Surprisingly, this product works a lot better than it’s more pricy competitors and, since it has the tiny price tag of £4.99, there are a lot of them!
Although it has steps on the bottle (which are probably better) I didn’t notice until taking the photo’s for this post so have kind of adopted my own methods. You should probably follow the Tresemme experts but I’ll tell you my technique anyway…
For newly washed hair:
- Towel dry hair until it is damp.
- Shake bottle and squeeze 2 or 3 pumps onto your hand, depending on length and thickness of your hair.
- Flip head upside down and scrunch mousse into hair, making sure it is covers it all, including the roots .
- Using a diffuser, blow dry hair upside down, scrunching slowly with hands as you do so.
- When dry, set curls with hair spray and scrunch a tiny bit of tresemme mousse into the ends.
For second or third day hair:
- Dampen hair slightly using an old body spay bottle (or something similar) filled with water.
- Shake tresemme bottle well and squeeze 2 or 3 pumps onto your hand.
- Flip head upside down and scrunch into hair, making sure its all covered including roots.
- Flip head back up and use a paddle brush to slightly tease roots.
- Flip head back up upside down and spray with hairspray to create more volume.
I have to admit, although the bottle boasts that it ‘hydrates & nourishes, extra smooth, defined curls and adds healthy shine’ I was sceptical at first due to past experiences but I am not in any way disappointed. If you have curly or frizzy hair I really do urge you to go and pick up a bottle of this hair nectar as it’s the only product my hair has ever loved… you should probably also follow the instructions on the back.